Friday, August 21, 2009

Rainbows make me grin.

Last night, I felt overwhelmed about my plans for today. I really thought I would buckle under the pressure. As it is, I have not made any real plans that lasted longer than a few hours at length... because I did not feel like it was a good idea to put a lot of pressure on myself to do unnecessary tasks all at once, in a hurry.

Today went smoothly, though. And surprisingly, I am in a good mood right now. It could have something to do with my trip home. I turned on the Christian radio station, turned up the volume, set the car on cruise (on the interstate) and took a longer, detoured route home. I got a few errands run on the way, so I felt as though I accomplished some things... and despite the storm, I actually enjoyed the scenery...

Especially the rainbow!!

It really felt like God put that rainbow there just for me, and I had to let out a sigh of relief when I saw it. I wanted to pause to take a picture, but since I was in the middle of a storm on a major interstate, I felt it would be too risky and dangerous. But the thought of the rainbow has been fresh and vivid in my mind ever since and I do think I could get a good night's rest tonight before my meeting in the morning. All in all, today was not a bad day. And I keep reminding myself that money is but an object, and one that passes by us so quickly that we'd be fools to try and hold onto it... rather I'd like to hold onto this good mood and keep the inspiration flowing forth!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment