Saturday, June 15, 2013

Be Grateful, For Goodness Sake!

I recently posted this on my facebook page and I think it's worth posting in my blog, too.

If you feel the need to complain about how your life has turned out so far, take a look at the choices that brought you there. Nobody made those choices for you... and if you feel differently, continuing to blame someone for your position in life will only guarantee that you stay miserable. It is amazing how people continue to take their God-given blessings for granted, day in and day out.

My life is far from what I want it to be, but I don't want sympathy. I remain grateful for the things I have and the people who are a part of my life. Why must we humans act as if every hardship is the worst form of suffering fathomable to humankind? I, too, am sometimes guilty of feeling sorry for myself... especially lately. But when people complain to me, whose situations are far better off than my own, it seriously aggravates me. I'm learning to let go of disappointment, and that's what you should strive to do, too. You think you suffer? I can think of MILLIONS of people on this Earth who have it FAR worse off than you...

Don't complain to me if you want sympathy. Because if you do, I will tell you the same thing I tell myself when I start feeling pitiful... "keep making good choices and those hardships you're facing will turn into stepping stones that lead to a better future."

Blessings come in all shapes and forms. And I strongly believe that God rewards faithfulness and gratitude. The more thankful we are, the more we find that we have to be thankful for!

Even the most desolate person in the most dire situation still has something to be grateful for. LIFE is a gift! And as long as you are breathing, there is more right with you than there is wrong with you. What a miracle God has given us - this body that is so complex and works in such mysterious ways that even highly trained and knowledgeable scientists do not fully understand - even after thousands of years of research and experimentation!!

Celebrate what you have, who you are, and who stands by you today... because you might not get a tomorrow...

And for goodness sake, stop complaining to me about your "problems!!" Because I don't see them as problems, but rather as opportunities. I WILL pray for you, because I AM sorry that you don't see it the same way as I do. And that's all the response you're going to get from me for now on! Anything that doesn't add to my life positively is surely sucking the energy right out of me. And I'm putting a stop to it TODAY.

If you want prayers, I will gladly help out in that way...

Thanks and have a grateful day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment