Friday, May 22, 2020

Today is a good day

And I can't say that it happens too often. I woke up a little late and rushed to get ready for work but I made it just in time. On most days, that would send me into a downward spiral, but not today. Messy hair, don't care!

I'm relatively happy today and that's a good thing. I have so much to look forward to!

Living with bipolar disorder, it's always THE BEST when you can say you have things to look forward to. Looking to and planning for the future is a great coping skill! Especially when you're struggling with thoughts of self-harm... and most days I do.

When I'm feeling down, I always look for ways in which I can be a blessing to others. Just in general, I like to do 5 things everyday that I think are selfless, centered around others, and overall kind. I'm a HUGE proponent of paying it forward and initiatives that promote it! It makes me feel better... helping others makes me feel good. I know that is hedonistic, I've always thought that. But I'd rather feel self-important for helping others than for other reasons. You feel me??

When I'm feeling up, I like to reach out to those who can identify with feeling down... because I want to lift them up. It's just my personality, what drives me.

If you're feeling a little down, or a lot down, comment below. Reaching out is the first step to feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment